Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our gardening

We started our gardening downstairs on the desk in our living room, but as the plants very quickly grew we realized we would need to find another place for them to grow, so we built the greenhouse, which I've already posted about. I've just never shown you the planting side of things, and how things are growing.


After the big move upstairs to the greenhouse....Things still look pretty small.
This black tray above is my flowers, zinnia, and marigolds.


But give them a few weeks of warm weather and a little sunshine.....

This picture (above) is one of my cucumber plants. I actually have a cucumber about 5 inches long right now. Its growing inches a day - very cool. Below is the corn, its about 3.5 feet tall.
My flowers (below)


So, this is our greenhouse!

4 comments:

Blake said...

Corn in Alaska, that's brave.

Joanna said...

Wowzers! I wish I had even an 1/8th of your growing talent. I can succesfully grow weeds with the best of them, but that's where my talents end.

I even managed to kill my mother's day flower they handed out in church in less than a week after getting it!

I'm impressed!

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I always kill the mother's day flower somehow. i think it is something they do to them before they had them out.

these pictures don't do the green house justice - it is much greener than these pictures show. it is cool.

there is a story behind the corn, you know... i said i wouldn't be happy until i lived someplace where corn grows - so Justin planted corn so i wouldn't convince anyone to move south. Charlotte

The Rhiens said...

Wow! Impressive! It looks like you are going to have quite the garden this year. Nice work!

Earlene