Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ever feel this way?

So this is how I feel lately - run run run!! And this cat just cracks me up. Its Buck E. Katt (aka Bucky) from "Get Fuzzy". Justin left today for his weeklong fishing vacation with the guys from work. His boss traded some dirt work from a charter for most of the guys. They went to Whittier, just outside of Anchorage, and they'll be staying on a boat and fishing away. I guess they took the jet skis with them too, so they'll probably be doing some of that too I imagine. I'm here to take care of the goats and chickens, and the usual stuff. I have been able to quilt some lately, which I love, it always makes me feel more "centered". Hopefully I'll be able to get it done while Justin's gone. Or at least get to work on it. I was going to try and get a quilt done to show in the state fair, but I don't think that's going to happen. I have one about half quilted (well one half is quilted) and I was going to finish it the other day but I am about 7 inches short of material for the border - foiled by 7 inches! Oh well, at least I can use that as the excuse for why I didn't get one done - again. "you see I would have entered a quilt but I was missing part of the border...."

So far from the greenhouse we've gotten quite a bit of corn, I think we harvested 8 mini ears yesterday, and we've had quite a few cucumbers. I have a tomato almost ripe. Justin has lots of jalapenos growing, and I have some other tomatoes that are busy growing.

Other than that, not much new I guess. We're just busy trying to get everything done we need to before snow flies. I hope winter is more restful than summer has been - seems like there's always a ton of things to do. But its been fun too.

No comments: